There can be a number of reasons for carrying out a measured building survey.
The most common reason will always be development.
Most architects and project management contractors require sets of existing plans so that they can design your project more effectively.
Having an accurate set of existing plans of your property will always help you throughout your project.
Designing onto a set of accurate plans will:
- Increase productivity of the architects (do it nice or do it twice)
- Enable more accurate costings of materials
- Decrease wastage of excess materials
- Decrease the likeliness of hidden costs
- Increase accurate loading and engineering calculations
- Increase productivity when planning the project